About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Friday, March 2, 2012

a needed break

My darling mister gave me the day off from the bugs and orders and gloominess of the warehouse after I told him I needed a mental health day. I'm so glad he did. He took over the orders today and I know he is tired. We (as in mostly he) have been replacing the carpet with laminate in the living room in preperation for his saltwater tank project.

He looked up some you tube videos on a DIY laminate flooring tutorial and they make it look so easy. Let me tell you, its not! What they say takes a few hours, has thus far taken us 2 days and not even half way complete. It stinks. By the end of the night we were hunched over with bruised knees and claws for hands. The bright side is that it looks great so far. Its so much better than the carpet which was NASTY. I mean, we knew it was nasty, but once it was ripped up it was way more nastier than even nasty can adequetley describe. Lesson learned though, no more carpet....ever!

At any rate, I have been attending to my remaining bats today. Doing health checks, assesing the diet, enclosures and such so that I can regroup since Flappy's death. I sent his remains to Dr. Cottrell last night for necropsy and he arrives today. I am just waiting on word in the next few days for any theories as to what may have caused my little loves demise. I'm anxious. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him and looking at his empty enclosure saddens me daily.

I was also to get a huge chunk of school stuff done that has been lingering on the back burner for awhile. I feel like I got quite a bit accomplished so far.

I love my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment