About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Time flies! (and baby otters kill with cuteness)

Wow its been awhile. Not too much has been happening since last post. Working, planning,school, house reno's, rehabbing...busy,busy.

I did get to snuggleandsqueeze pet two baby otters though! Mary Jane is rehabbing them. I was dropping off mealies and picking up a trap when I heard chirping from one of her large cages. I wasnt sure what it was since it wasnt quite birdlike. She lifted the blanket that was covering the cage and the sweetest little face popped out from underneath a pile of newspapers!

So cute. Seriously, I fell in instant love. The otter has officially jumped to the top five in the infinite  long list of favorite animals. She took the little boy out and he was like a little kitten! All playful and clamoring for attention. He was no bigger than ruler and so soft! Their fur is thick but velvety. She says she hasnt had otters in 10 years so she is really enjoying them. I feel so lucky that I got to actually pet a baby otter. What a treat!

Of course, I didnt have a camera but I am hoping for a pic when I return the trap. Hopefully, she will still have them!

I googled a pic because now I am all otter giddy and this is pretty much the same face that greeted me!
Love!
Ever feel something was so stinking cute that you just wanted to bite em haha? Not in a sick twisted way but in a Iamgoingtoimplodefromthecutenessoverload type of way?


My parents taught me not to bite so consider me dead from self-implosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment