About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy day

St Patty's day was a good day! We did a two-fer and celebrated our 5th (!) anniversery (March 18) and Chris's birthday (March 28th) as well by taking Mariana to Boma. So goood as always. It's an African Buffet that serves the most amazing food. The carrot ginger soup is to die for! I am also a big fan of their sirloin and fufu (african yam dish). I also have to admit I frequent the kids buffet for the mac and cheeze! haha! Buts its so creamy and good!

I love Boma cause we can literally walk outside and see Giraffe, Zebra and Crowned Cranes grazing around the premises since its located in the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Animal Kingdom Lodge


Greater Kudu at AKL
We always joke about how there are a few dozen other places to eat at at WDW that we want to try but we love Boma so much that we just keep coming back! AKL is kinda our special place though. It was the first real weekend we spent together after we started dating (Chris surprised me with it!). So much so that when we booked a cabin at the Disney campground on property a few years ago they ended up overbooking them and we were relocated to the lodge. I was soooooo disappointed not to finally stay at the cabin (we were planning for months) but ended up loving AKL the 2nd time around. After that, it has and will remain my most treasured place to be with my mister.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park and I loved working there in education. I suppose it sort of fits that I am drawn there.

We had thought about heading over the Magic Kingdom to top the celebrating off with a fitting Haunted Mansion end but we were so sleepy and stuffed that we decided to head home on the condition that we would make our own shamrock shakes (yes, more food!)

So we had a grand time making a huge mess in the kitchen. Lots of laughter due to my inept skills at controlling how much mint to add to a shamrock shake (needless to say we had to use the whole container of ice cream to dilute the mint =P) Mariana was a good sport as the taste tester although my mad mint shake skills sent her to the sink  to spit out the overly minty shake at some point.

It was a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment