About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dr. C emailed me the results of the necropsy on Flapjack last night. She reported that all his organs looked normal except the kidneys were a little redder than she expected. She suspected that the cause of death was a kidney infection secondary to his thumb joint infection or an undiagnosed UTI.

I am glad, in a way, that it wasnt his liver since I am always worried about their nutrition. However, I am angry with myself for not being diligent in observing his elimination behavior. It may have clued me in if I noticed anything abnormal. I became lazy with my captives.

I learned though from Flappy's death. I reassesed the diets and am creating a chart for my remaining captives. I will be more aware of their habits and document changes as if they were one of my admits.

I removed his cage today and rearranged the bat room so hopefully I can move on from this. I miss him. Terribly. I miss giving him belly rubs with the tiny bat comb, I miss the cute little stretches he would do after a good meal. I miss how excited he became when I opened his cage and hand fed him is meals and water. I miss the way he would wrap himself up in his furry little tail and hang by one foot when he slept.

I wish he was still here =(

No comments:

Post a Comment