About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Monday, January 2, 2012

We spent New Years Eve (as in the mister, Mariana and I) at home playing Dark Souls and catching up on Dexter (just started season 5). At the stroke of midnight we headed outside and watched the neighborhood fireworks and choked down sipped champagne. It was a pleasant night but not particularly different than most others (except for the champagne and fireworks)

New Years Eve in recent years hasnt been as monumental as those passed. Not sure why. There really isn't any where I would rather spend then at my home ringing in the new year. Home is where I am happiest. I feel safe here and comfortable.

Looking back at 2011, Im not sad to see it go. However, I dont want to start 2012 drudging up the pitfalls of 2011. Honestly, I dont know why, personally, it was such a poor year. I just wasnt happy most of the time. Chris told me that I tend to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, likening me to Atlas. If I had the muscles to handle it like the latter, it probably wouldnt have been so bad. However, I am not a particularly strong person. I get by but not without taking damage (I have been watching chris play way to many video games=) It's starting to wear me down.

But, 2012 is a new year, a fresh start in some aspects. I am a little apprehensive about resolutions (other than the one I made last month), because I have never stuck with them. Maybe thats part of the problem. I make all these big promises to myself but always let myself down.

Anyway, I am grateful for what I have and I really do realize that it could be so so much worse. I have a roof over my head, food to eat and healthcare. All possible because of one person who loves me. Thats pretty special.

Its funny but a Monty Python tune popped into my head this morning and its been playing itself over and over in my head all day. It just popped in there and puts things in a little bit more perspective, in a jolly way:



Words to live by =)




No comments:

Post a Comment