About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Last week I attended my 2nd to last nutrition class at Florida Hospital and was told my weight loss was not up to par. as in I lost 3lbs in 5 months. oye.

Well thats part of the reason i am getting this surgery, I have a hard time losing weight. Always have. My next class is Feb 6th or 28th. I can attend either one and I usually go at the end of the month. However, this will be my last month of the class and I REALLY want to get the ball rolling on the surgery. So, I plan on attending the one at the beginning of the month

The clincher is that I need to lose at least 3lbs by then and seeing that it took me 5months to lose 3lbs up until this point, I needed to do something different. I decided to follow Slim fast for the next week and see if the misery of liquid meals and constant hunger could at least get me to where I need to be so the surgery approval could go forward.

This is day one and I'm HUNGRY. Its only for a week though so I plan on suffering through it. It stinks but at least it allows me to get used to the amount of food I will be allowed to eat post op, which isnt a lot.

One day down, 6 more to go. Fingers crossed.

part of my pre-op requirement was to get a psych eval. I ended up taking some written and online tests and then spoke with the doc about my results. My scores were interesting and (much to my surprise) pretty accurate. It basically confirmed that I am a very anxious guarded introvert who avoids social interaction due to my low self-esteem and self-criticism as well as my inability to say no to people to the point that I eventually end up overextending myself to the point that I say eff you and ruin friendships/ relationships/ opportunites. In a nutshell. Not to mention that I am terrible with authority and refuse to follow rules because I feel like I am being pushed around. Wow. Needless to say, she recommended meds and therapy, haha.

So I made the appointment with my dr and started Celexa 2 days ago. I'm not sure if its due to the meds themselves or the fact that I really want them to work but I do feel a little better. I slept remarkably well the first night, not as well the 2nd night though. I did wake up thinking about somthing that was worrying me (cant remember what) but I was able to fall back asleep, which rarely happens. I usually end up getting up so that was an improvement.

She also prescribed meds for my chronic headaches which she thinks are due to stress. So far the headaches havent been as bad and when I do feel one coming on I pop a pill and it ceases to come to fruition. Thats also positive since those were annoying.

I'm relieved to be on meds. I so believe it is the best choice for me given my history with prozac which also helped in the past.

Here's hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment