About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My organization already has a few gigs! I have to admit, since the Mr. took over the title of Director and started doing what he does best which is directing (obviously), my "baby" has really taken off.

This leaves me to do what I want to do, which is animal care, education and hopefully research. We did a pollinator day at GTM with my fellow batty friend Jaimie (love her!). We are doing a Bats of Florida presentation at Lyonia Environmental Center this Saturday and we will be at the Lubee Bat Festival with a booth on rehabbing bats (per the director). Lyonia also expressed interest in doing a Bat Day in October. I would love to do that. Especially since we are getting the info on using bats in programs from the USDA. Things are happening!

I also signed up for classes at UCF. After talking to an advisor, my plans have changed a bit regarding vet school which upsets me but I am not surprised. I screwed up last semester, badly. I basically tanked an awesome GPA that I had for my whole college career in one semester. I thought I could do it all but i learned the hard way I guess. So, now I am looking at graduate school for Ecology which was always an option for me anyway. I still have to kick ass in my grades to even think about getting accepted but its waaaaaay more doable then a highly competitive spot in vet school.

So thats whats been happening!


No comments:

Post a Comment