About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring cleaning!

Mariana and I started spring cleaning this weekend! The house is nasty and has a faint (or strong if you ask Chris) odor of cat, mildew and hot sauce (i dont even know how to explain that). At any rate, it needed cleaned, and I mean cleaned really badly.

However, chris and I are really busy and the house cleaning gets pushed aside and put at the bottom of the list every week. I know everybody is busy, its America thats how we operate, but with Chris juggling a full time job, a growing business that is trying to open its doors and dealing with business politics, he is pretty much stretched to thin as it is. He has a mile long to-do list that had to be completed months ago.

As for me its working, my part in the business planning, school and City Bats. It's amazing how much work there is to do, all the time.

But anyway, back to this weekend.

It was a good weekend to start since I just finished a test last week and we are reviewing for the finals this week so nothing is due (for the most part) at school. School is a huge source of pressure for me. These are pre-vet classes and they are tough! Needless to say, I am a wreck most of this time.

We tackled the hallway and wiped down the walls with vinegar and water (I read that was the thing to do) and dusted and vacuumed. We made sure we even got the doors and arch thingy that holds all the knickknacks. We ended up doing 3 water changes in the bucket. It was THAT GROSS.

We were pretty much beat after that so we stopped for the day. I started the little room where we are currently housing Grim. Just as nasty.

Not a bad start. The kitchen will take both Chris and I for sure. I am looking forward to scrubbing it down. It will probably top all the other rooms as far as grim and dirt goes! Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment