About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dr. What (as in whats wrong with my eye)

I look like I have gone 6 rounds with Rocky for the past week. My eye has been all puffy and teary and red and I couldnt open it completely. Bu, alas, no pain! Like at all. It didnt hurt, it was more annoying than anything.

I figured it was allergies but my zyrtec-D was not helping so I bit the bullet and went to the doctor this morning. I was expecting a viral or bacterial conjunctivitis or something but instead I was told I had a corneal ulcer! huh?

Corneal ulcers in animals are VERY painful. I was not very painful, or even remotely painful. Pain was not even in the adjectives I used to describe the eye issue to the doc, but thats what they diagnosed (they said I had fluorecine dye uptake) and sent me to an ophthalmologist STAT. The irony was not lost on me,lol.

I was like, okay... maybe its different in people? Maybe its different pain receptors in animals that cause them to go spastic when you attempt to touch their (very obvious) red, squinting, painful eye upon examination? Needless to say, I was doubtful. But whatevs, I figured something is bothering me and who better than an eye doctor to figure it out. My doc's office did all the legwork and got me the appt this afternoon. At least I didnt have to call and all that.

The eye doctor was very nice, older and he wore a bow tie like Dr. Who (how cool is that!). As soon as he introduced himself you could tell he was doubtful it was a corneal ulcer without even getting all exam-y. He told me so. He said that they are very painful, red eye and you sometimes can see a spot...ha! I knew it!

However, it did turn out that I had a piece of fabric fiber stuck under my eyelid that was probably doing all the irritating. It was super tiny he said but enought to where he thought that it was probably the culprit. I agree, cuz I have been home an hour and it already feels 100% better.

yay for bowtied Doctors! haha!

**update: turns out I had a corneal abrasion when I went for a recheck since my eye was back to being puffy and irritated the following morning. Guess the fabric did some damage! He was surprised I was not in pain! I told him that I am a tough nut to crack when it comes to pain, haha. High tolerance I guess.  Anyway, it was small but he said it was healing so sent home with meds and to heal!***


No comments:

Post a Comment