About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Go-pher it Major Tom!

Recently admitted a HUGE Gopher Tortoise (Major Tom=) to the rehab center. Hit by car, cracked carapace=( However, the injury was superficial and limited to the scutes. He was a very lucky tortoise.

BUT, the good news is .......he was released today! He's been with me for the last week just resting and recuperating. And boy, did he rest. I made a little "burrow" for him out of a box and he spent most of his time in there, asleep. Good for him.

Best of all, he was released where he was found so he can resume his daily life. Its tough on them to acclimate to a new release site. They will try and find their homes so its best to return them to the original area where they were found.

Now if we could just depave the road where he and a lot more tortoises made their homes near, I would sleep a little better at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment