About me

My photo
The Dark Thought, the Shame, the Malice. I meet them at the door Laughing and invite Them in. -Rumi.............. Otherwise they just keep bothering me.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ireland-day 1 and 2 Kilarney!

Once we made our way into Kilarney I noticed what a charming little city it is. No chain stores but not a village like Adare. There were a lot of little shops, some hotels (we stayed at the Quality Inn believe it or not!) and lots of small businesses. The first thing I noticed was the gas station we passed. The price was like $2. 60 or something on the sign and I immediately thought how lucky they are to have cheap gas. James quickly pointed out that it was per QUARTER GALLON (or pint or liter or something, cant remember)! So it was really like $8 or $9 dollars for what would be a gallon of gas! I wont complain about the price of gas here (not that I really do considering I hate cars and driving and wish public transportation would become the norm like it is in Europe)

Anyway- we quickly freshened up (talk about massive nastiness from everybody, myself included, since this was the first time since the day before that we had a chance to shower and change our clothes!)

The hotel was pretty american for the most part, toilet was weird since water pressure there is low and that is considered normal. No A/C since they really dont need it (none of the hotels have A/C that we stayed at) but it was a little warm in the room due to being on the 2nd floor but opening the windows helped.

I bunked with Karol and Shelia and really enjoyed getting to know them. All in all everybody was really cool that went from the schools (we were also with 2 other colleges one from Kansas and one from Montana) . Plus they didnt give me a hard time about my snoring problem (you dont even know how stressed I was about that!)

We ate dinner on our own and I ordered a plain salad (airplane food made me sick for 2 days) and this is what I got
There are pickles in my salad!
It was so gross. That huge blob of white stuff is called salad cream and apparantly is the most delicious thing to these folks (James included). It reminded me of mayo.

It was fine though since I really didnt feel like eating after my gut was reeling from the airplane food still from the day before.

It was a pretty uneventful night since we were all exhausted and looking forward to showers and sleep.

Crow
They have huge birds here in Ireland! This was the normal sized crow..so awesome.
Kilarney alleyway!
Street views of Kilarney

More of day 2 Kilarney to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment